Wednesday 2 May 2012

Melton - cold and wet!

In the light of cancellations it was dubious whether this competition would go ahead.

However the stalwart peggers turned up the evening before and we were all rocked to sleep with gales and driving rain!

More rain on Sunday, but we were told that the SLR class would happen indoors, but without the final peg.

Putting the majority of clothes I had brought, I then had to strip down to new Frontiersmen kit for the competition. Frankly it was freezing and I could have done with more thermals!!!

I was drawn 3rd to go which was a relief as not too long to wait in the driving rain. I opted to use a small 9mm short nitro blank, as the indoor meant the guns were noisey.

Chally was kitted out with zilco ear plugs, plus extra sheepskin and a fly veil

I felt my round was a bit sloppy, especially as I fumbled to put the gun away and dropped one rein on the final lance run.

However it cannot have been that bad as I ended up 3rd and qualified for Royal Windsor!

No comments:

Post a Comment