Sunday 20 January 2013

Winter training

Impending competitions means that I needed to get out practicing.

One of the bad things about tentpegging, is that to practice at speed really requires a minimum of a 100m run, which is longer than even some of the more impressive indoor schools

However when it snows, another opportunity presents itself - "snow pegging"! Fortunately I had just taken the shoes off Peer, so I had the perfect if albeit rather unfit candidate for some fun in the snow.

Improvised dark pegs were required, as white pegs in snow would be too much of a challenge

Fortunately the snow was good and as Peer was unfit I was out for short periods, which meant I could still feel my hands!

However snow is on the whole a bit of a pain, as everything grinds to a halt in the UK with only a few inches.

Unfortunately this snow also cancelled the first training session of the 2013 season, but the next is due on the 17th February and should hopefully go ahead.







Of course if you are rather bored, you can also practice wearing your medieval costume in the snow and train your horse to rear on command.




No comments:

Post a Comment