Monday 4 November 2013

UK 2013 Season Round Up

I realize I am generally quite bad at updating throughout the UK season and tend to reserve the blog for international events

Well lets do a brief catch up on the season

FEG - May, 4 
Peer was up for this, but it was a rather wet and cold event for me, performance generally sub par and pretty depressing.

Sussex Peggers - April, 28
I brought Minnie to this event to give her another go - apparently she can run 100m in 7 secs, which is international speed. She did really well and we were placed in quite well winning sword and half section.
Minnie has now gone to a lovely home in Ireland to play polocrosse full time - she is missed as a small horse with a big personality


Windsor May, 10 
Peer up again for Windsor - individual performance was pretty shocking. Fortunately I upped my game and picked up every peg in team and the Frontiersmen went on to win the Team event and a rather nice rug.

Sussex Peggers June, 10 
Peer was up for this event and we hit form winning lance, sword, half section and oranges and taking the master at arms. The weather was brilliant, which might mean I am truly a fair weather rider!

Centaurs competition, June 16
This was the first of its kind, tentpegging mixed with horse back archery. The grounds are truly stunning at the Center of Horseback Combat, and it was a superb venue with a great pub in walking distance.
Sadly my archery is still in its infancy, I did manage to get one arrow in the boss, but apparently you still don't get points if its not in the scoring area - the answer is more practice!
The tentpegging went much better, and I was pleased to just pip Gerald, a fellow GB tentpegger in the tentpegging competition.

Royal Tournament, June 19

Peer at Royal Tournament



















Yorkshire, June, 29-30
Sarah & Marquesa
Truly stunning venue, and an excellent training opportunity. I took two horses to give new recruit Marquesa a run. However Sarah was short a horse, so ended up loaning her for the competition. Being an ex-polo pony, training is relatively easy, but she needs to learn what its all about
Peer at Yorkshire











HCMR West Tofts July, 14
Marquesa Center with Team Pounsley
Once again I took Peer and Marquesa, but disaster struck on first day with Peer kicking Marquesa and leaving her lame.
Performance sub par - requiring improvement













Battle Proms
Battle Proms have been a mixed bag, Peer has done the full season and he has calmed with the pat a pony, and the introduction of being fed pimms fruit (he now sniffs passing glasses). However he is still fairly rude at the start of a run and any delays prompts rearing. With a lance in hand this is a hard habit to nip in the bud, and is caused as he tends to stress at events.


Despite this I have managed a 100% peg strike record at events, however cabbages tally is much worse, because on occasion I haven't made it down the run due to the dancing Peer antics.



Bicester & Finmere Aug, 11
Bicester and Finmere is now an annual event, which is great fun
















VWH Competition Aug 24-26
The Inaaugral VWH riding club competition, hopefully the first of many. This was relatively stressful as held at home, and I'm pretty poor at delegating!



Frampton, Sep, 8 
First outing off the farm of Coneja, and no small task with a crowd of 13,000. However Coneja was fabulous and handled it all in her stride, it was very refreshing to have such a well behaved pony! Strike record was back up to 100%, with the odd draw as unsoaked wooden pegs have a tendency to fly.

Once again the Frontiersmen championed over the RLC, RGH and Prince Malik's lancers to win the competition!



Cambridge Sep, 21-22
Second outing for Coneja in the national competition. However she has since learned what tentpegging is all about and is now, er, rather keen. I had some very interesting lines to pegs and rings. However for the oranges I was helped out by Sarah to keep her straight and we won the oranges!
Clearly needs a bit of work, but you cannot fault Coneja's enthusiasm

I do need to do some sports pyscology, as I'm not sure why my performance has generally been sub par at BTA events. Possibly politics related, but I need to clear my mind and achieve a zen like focus!






No comments:

Post a Comment