Saturday 15 February 2014

Day 2 Pakistan

So despite being so tired, sleep was a bit disjointed due to other teams arriving and the 5am call to prayer with bangs (canon or bird scarer!). Except Adrian who apparently slept through the lot and had a really good nights sleep.

In super quick time that would put any English firm to shame a fantastic tent has been erected on the lawn of our guest house and this will be the focal point for breakfast and lunch

Team with Dr Farooq and his daughters
After lunch we went off to the track for another quick practice with sword. We all had the same horses except Adrian, who rode the grey Tina rode yesterday. Jacky's horse was apparently a bay not chestnut, so apparently we should pay more attention!!

After blanking on the first run, Norman gave me some more expert tuition, however my horse was apparently stronger and fresher today, so I had a little go at cross country and left the course jumping some banks and ditches.

Michael giving an interview
I would like to add my team hadn't noticed I'd gone missing, and the grooms were rolling on the floor laughing when I made it back to the lines.

I would hasten to add the cross country was not voluntary on my part, stupidly I should have ditched the sword, but after getting too far from the track, I decided it would be easier to hang onto it rather than try to get on and off an excited horse (or find it in long vegetation...)

Pakistani ponies can jump ditches with no problem, so would probably make excellent hunters

The Interviewer who remembered us from last year
On arriving back at the oranges I did one last run and splattered myself with the orange, which also lead to Tina chuckling at my orange eyebrows... mental note to wear the sunglasses!!

Everyone else fared better and had no horsey dramas and were all also plastered with Orange (Tina made the mistake of wearing a white top.... its not white now...)

Press is once again here in force, and we were all required for interviews and shots, including one live broadcast. So in theory we should be on Punjab TV,
Saama TV and MD Digital News which apparently broadcasts in Manchester!

Kenny
Evening dinner was in the new tent, food was tasty, tent was on the chilly side, I could't tell who was who from Oman and Yemen as they all resembled Kenny from South Park . I am quite pleased I packed my thermals!


Evening Dinner in the New Tent


No comments:

Post a Comment