Friday 23 March 2012

So close I could almost smell it...

Well the post lunch time session went much better!

I was drawn first to run which may have been a good thing as it gave very little chance to think about it! I was overjoyed as my friend Sarpatap Singh had arranged for my lance to be welded and it's fully repaired!!

So first run, got the peg, second run, got the peg .. Third run... only a touch, so my combined score was definitely not good enough for any prizes.

The next class was rings and peg. The rings were invisible bangles made from red metal that was less than 2mm thick. On the bright side they also didn't add weight and make your lance dip.

Now I will confess that at home I would usually hold my horse back a little as a slightly slower speed does help. Power only has one speed, fast! And its not the done thing to slow down

The first run was beautiful ring ring and pegs followed by slight disbelief and a huge grin as this was kind of unsual bar the South African team.

So second run I knew I was in for a chance of a medal if I could do it again... So thinking about that is a bad thing... Ring hit, ring miss and peg miss.. Darn it. Far too much thinking and not enough focus from me!!!

Gerald got 2 rings and a 2 for touching the peg, and second run no rings, but got the peg
Jerry got one ring and David was just picking up pegs

I was reasonbly happy to have done one perfect run, but rather annoyed I couldn't repeat it!

The medals for the first day were handed out, I definitely covert one, so maybe swords tomorrow can be a good one for the Brits









3 comments:

  1. Can we get some action photos please?? And can you please explain the scoring system? We're telling ourselves that 2 isn't actually that far behind 18 at the moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry guys I got cut off mid blog and tried to publish as the bus was leaving (bearing in mind I am writing all of this on my mobile and only able to publish when in the hotel)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok scoring system:
    6 drew the peg and carried 15m
    4 spun the pegs out of the ground, or carried and dropped off before 15m
    2 marked the peg but didn 't move it

    Rings
    6 Per ring x2
    6 for the peg
    so on first run I scored 18, second run 6

    ReplyDelete