Thursday 22 March 2012

The warm up

After waiting ages to ride, it seemed we were in a rush, I had previously checked out Power the pony to see which headplate she would need in my Wow stock saddle. Fortunately it was the size 0 which was already installed.

The grooms looked very confused when I was doing this, and due to their lack of English and my lack of Hindi I'm not sure I did a great job! The saddle is much admired and even the Pakistan team though the poleys would be an advantage!!

Then there was a panic, I gave my sunglasses to Dawn, but they have a tendency to fall off if not watched. When I wanted them back, there was panic as they had gone walkies!! Now these were quite nice sunnies and we thought they had probably gone for good, however after an announcement I was reunited with them!! Just goes to show how honest the Indians are.

So pegging, well I let the side down on lance, I blame the sunnies incident and nerves!! It took a while, but I finally got my eye in with the sword and the team carried 4 pegs with sword on the practise team run. The others were satisified and finished, but I went back with the lance to make sure I could hit them. I did carry, but being on a short pony I hit the ground so hard I bent the end of my lance again... I'm hoping it will hold on for the competition!! However it was quite easy to bend straight again, also maybe not a good sign!!

The team all finished on a good note and Jerry ended by feeding marwaris (and their grooms!!) cold slaw sandwiches

We all piled back into the bus and set off for the hotel




No comments:

Post a Comment